Head Cannabis Growers – Reading, Southern England
Head grower – cannabis
who are we
Glass Pharms is fully licensed by High THC Medical Corporation to grow cannabis. Located in the south of the UK, we have been the first to hold a mainland farming license for 25 years. Our licensed facility will, to high demand, produce THC & CBD flower for authorized clients. Glass Pharms owns a professional blend of high-tech gardeners and chemical analysis professionals. With a growing area of just over 20,000 square meters of semi-enclosed greenhouse and expansion plans, our modern greenhouse will be ready for production in early 2022 and we want you to join us.
what are you going to do
You have a senior leadership position within the company; Your primary role will be to manage all aspects of medicinal cannabis crop production in a world-class greenhouse to achieve optimum yield and quality. You will supervise and direct the Farmer’s Assistant and the specialized plant maintenance team of the IPM and liaise with the Packing Manager regarding production and to ensure that production is in line with highly regulated production by the government. You will report to the Growth Manager and are expected to have a contribution to the final design of the world-class facility.
- leadership management
- Managing the growing team on a daily basis, including technical guidance on growing topics, as well as mentoring and coaching;
- Create and maintain a culture of excellence, inclusion and continuous learning;
- Nurturing emerging talent and building a seat of growing talent.
- Create and maintain SOP
- Yield, quality and hygiene
- Overseeing productivity and quality of all crops to achieve company goals;
- Use a data-driven approach to manage all areas of crop production.
- We grow to pharmaceutical standards and will operate a clinical facility.
- Climate management and irrigation schedules
- Oversee climate control strategy for all plants and booths;
- Determine the optimal settings for all greenhouse equipment, irrigation and LED lighting
- Assessing the impact of a climate strategy on energy use and yield.
- greenhouse management
- Oversight and identification of all cultural practices of small-scale plant production;
- Oversight of the IPM Program – Compliance, Record Keeping and IPM Strategy;
- Monitor the performance of the greenhouse equipment, production and irrigation regularly with the maintenance team;
- Oversight of the plant nutrition program;
- Review and adjust crop schedules as needed for sales,
- Provide training to the operations team as needed on crop-specific tasks.
- Advanced degree in plant sciences, horticulture, agriculture, or a related field.
- More than 3 years of relevant work experience in a management position in greenhouse commercial hemp production.
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience in a management position within a high standard greenhouse production preferably in the salad or vegetable industry.
- Understand all aspects of crop production and cultivation in semi-enclosed greenhouses
- Strong computer skills and experience with climate control software platforms Priva preferred.
- Experience the container system/benches growing.
- Very well organized.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Data driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills as we approach this from a scientific standpoint.
- Dedicated leader and personnel manager.
- Collaborative, humble, team spirit, practical.
- Excellent emotional intelligence.
- Commitment to the company’s mission and values.
What do we offer
A package to attract and reward the best for a leading global facility.
Apply with confidence with an impressive and comprehensive CV firstname.lastname@example.org