If you are wondering how to pass a drug test, we have another internet myth: water pills. Can you use it for a drug test? Will they help flush THC out of your system? Read on to discover if there is any validity to this home remedy or if it is just another internet myth.
What are water pills?
Of course, these are not literally water-filled capsules, but another name for a diuretic supplement. There are plenty of over-the-counter versions, like Diurex, and there are prescriptions too. Your doctor may prescribe this type of medication for:
- Edema Diuretics can help reduce swelling in the legs.
- Kidney disorders Diuretics help your kidneys excrete excess water.
- Liver problems – Cirrhosis can cause fluid buildup, requiring diuretics.
- glaucoma – Release intraocular pressure by reducing water retention.
- blood pressure Diuretics are one of the most common prescriptions for lowering blood pressure.
There are plenty of other reasons one might take water pills, as they have a range of functions in the body. The purpose of taking water pills is to increase urination and excretion of body fluids more quickly than drinking water.
How do water pills work?
Water pills help your body get rid of salt and water. The water pills stimulate the kidneys to let sodium into the urine, and they carry extra fluids with them. Sodium (salt) removes water from the blood, thus removing excess fluid from the bloodstream as it passes through the veins and arteries.
Water pills work well as a diuretic, but if taken in excessive amounts, they can form life threatening problems due to low levels of potassium in the blood. Side effects of diuretics include dizziness, headache, dehydration, impotence, gout, and muscle cramps.
Can You Use Water Pills To Detoxify THC?
Only if you take break toleranceYou’ll likely want to detox from THC to pass a drug test. You may have read about activated charcoalOr apple cider vinegar or Certo to pass the test. Now you are wondering if water pills are the magic solution. Here’s what we know.
How does the body process and store THC?
When you smoke cannabis, it enters your lungs and passes through your bronchi and alveoli. From here, it makes its way into the bloodstream and is absorbed into the soft tissues and organs. THC has a special affinity for the brain, which causes the “high” associated with weeds. It also finds its way into fat cells, where THC metabolites persist for up to 30 days.
Eat THC . foods It follows a similar process, except instead of entering the lungs, it is digested by the stomach and then processed through the liver. Once THC is used, the metabolites are stored in the body’s fat cells.
How does the body detoxify THC
THC is only present in the bloodstream for a short time. It is a fat-soluble compound, which is why it binds easily to fat cells. These small deposits are recycled through the body once fat cells are used for energy, and THC metabolites leave the body as waste. studies It was found that 65% of cannabis leaves are excreted via feces and 35% via urine.
Since most drug tests are done by urinalysis, having clean urine is especially important. This is why water pills for drug tests have become a popular theory. However, while water pills will certainly increase the frequency of urination, they cannot pull excess THC from the body’s fat cells. Therefore, taking water pills will not pass a drug test.
Best Choices for THC Detox
Since drug tests are still an unfortunate reality for many people, it is wise to have a plan in case you need to detox. The first step is to stop using all cannabis products immediately. Yes, even Convention on Biological DiversityAnd Delta 8And Delta 10 and all other cannabinoids.
- If you have a lot of alerts, let your body get rid of toxins naturally. Support your system by Avoid certain foodsDrink plenty of water, get enough sleep, increase exercise, and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- When there is a shorter opportunity to purge your system, invest in a file detox kit To help your body clean a little faster. It is still recommended that you maintain the above healthy lifestyle habits to support your system.
- For drug tests that come with a bit of a caveat, get a Same day cleanser. It is wise to keep one of these on hand in case of emergency!
Finally, we wish you good luck on your detox journey and hope you won’t be taking a drug test any time soon. If so, we hope this information enabled you to make the right decision for yourself.