Three months later Malta Becoming the first EU country to federally legalize recreational cannabis use and remove all possession penalties, the Medcann World Forum once again highlights Malta, its medical cannabis legalization and business-friendly environment, highlighting why the country is rapidly becoming the leader in medical cannabis European through Plant Medicine Week.
The event will take place from 5-8 April 2022 to recognize and enhance the potential of plant medicine to transform society’s approach to mental and physical health.
Companies and local governments are opening doors for international regulatory experts and global business leaders in the medical cannabis and narcotics field.
The multi-faceted event will focus on six main pillars: medicine, legislation, business, regulation, education and research.
The event will bring together some of the industry’s most distinguished experts and will be chaired by Materia founder, Deepak Anand. Guest speakers will include:
Kurt Farrugia, CEO of Malta Enterprise Which will provide an introduction to Malta and its government.
Sita Schubert, Founder and Secretary General of EUMCA. Schubert will explain EUMCA’s progress so far and future plans.
Tristan Gervais, President, Chrystal Capital Consultants. Tristan will explore the European and international cannabis markets.
Cannabis research and development board
This fascinating session will be hosted by Dr. Orna Driesen, Vice President of the Israeli generic company Nextage Therapeutics. Dr. Drazen is also the founder and CEO of Nextage’s parent company, Nextar Chempharma. Dr. Driesen’s credentials include his PhD in biochemistry from the Weizmann Institute of Science and post-doctoral studies at UCLA. Dr. Driesen is considered a pioneer in the field of biochemistry.
Tuesday 5 April
- Malta – Why Malta? Incentives and schemes available to attract foreign investment to our island. This session is designed to educate attendees about this amazing country and all it has to offer.
- European legislation What is cannabis and what are the obligations of states to combat it? What is the opposition to cannabis? The commission studies the links and discrepancies between the content and guidelines of laws on the one hand, and the actual implementation of laws on the other. Have changes in the law affected cannabis use and how much public support for the legal change is there?
- Entry to Germany Who is he and what are the obstacles to entry?
- Investment and fundraising What do investors look for when analyzing cannabis investment opportunities?
Wednesday 6 April
- organizational – How are the current medical cannabis regulatory regimes, capital raising, and investment options for institutions and investors working in this sector?
- research and development What innovative cannabis research projects across many species are generating the evidence needed to improve healthcare?
- medical Evaluation and development of new cannabis therapies and the latest research based on clinical findings and the use of Real World Evidence (RWE) in the development of cannabis drugs.
- Cannabis analysis The latest technological advances in cannabis testing and analysis.
- education – How can the lack of education for health care workers be eliminated?
Through a combination of case studies, panels, question-and-answer sessions, and exhibitions, attendees will gain a diverse and inspiring perspective on the latest developments in the medical cannabis and narcotics industries. Expert guest speakers will attend throughout the day and will explore what can often be a complex and emotional topic.
The local authorities fully support this sector and wish to open up to more sectors, such as research and development and to make Malta a center of excellence in this regard.
At this prestigious event, attendees will celebrate this historic moment for Malta and what it means for the country’s economy and growth. While Malta was the first country in the European Union to legalize cannabis, it was preceded by a number of countries and cities including Amsterdam, Canada and the USA (in some states).