A man was killed and two others seriously injured after taking a “vicious batch of illegal drugs”.
Investigations into the incident in Batley, West Yorkshire, are still ongoing.
The body of a 40-year-old man was found while two other males were taken to hospital where they are still “in critical condition”.
Police released pictures of cannabis cans after the incident.
The cause of the 40-year-old’s death has not been confirmed, but officers have warned the public about the possibility of a “rogue” batch of drugs circulating in the area.
DI Simon Reddington of Kirklees District CID said: “We are in the process of establishing what happened here and we cannot rule out that this tragic death and illness suffered by these males are related to a potentially sinister batch of illegal drugs.
“This may include the so-called edible drugs cannabis.”
“I would urge people to reconsider before using illegal substances – the risks of drug use are well known and all drugs are a risk.”
“People who use drugs don’t always know what’s inside of them, the effects they might have or where they came from,” he added.
Anyone who becomes unwell after taking illegal drugs is urged to seek urgent medical attention.
In an emergency, always call an ambulance by dialing 999.
DI Reddington’s warning came after a string of similar incidents over the past few years.
In London, a 23-year-old was taken to hospital with a friend, aged 21, after they both fell ill. Right after eating “gum” earlier this year.
She died on April 2, while the friend was discharged from the hospital after treatment.
The sweets, which are sold in child-friendly Trrlli Peachie O branded packaging, were purchased via a messaging app.