HONOLULU – The Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) has issued a formal notice to proceed with the retail sale to Pono Life Sciences Maui, LLC (PONO LIFE MAUI) after it passed a final on-site inspection of the third retail facility. The new PONO LIFE MAUI retail location is located in Paia, Maui at 149 Hana Highway Unit #2, Paia, and sales are expected to begin Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
“The new PONO LIFE MAUI dispensary will provide much-needed access to patients on Maui,” said Liam Gemon, Supervisor of the Department of Health’s Medical Cannabis Licensing Program Division.
As of October 31, 2022, there are a total of 33,540 patients enrolled in the state and 2,781 caregivers statewide.
Other licensed retail centers in Hawaii include:
- Big Island Grown locations at:
- 750 Kanoelehua Ave., Suite 104 in Hilo
- 64-1040 Mamalahoa Highway. in Camuela
- 74-5617 Pawai Pl. in Kailua Kona
- Hawaiian Ethos locations at:
- 73-5613 Olowalu St, Suite 7 in Kailua-Kona
- 64-1035 Mamalahoa Highway. in Camuela
- 578 Kanoelehua Ave. in Hilo
- Green Aloha is located at:
- 4-1565 Kuhio Hwy. in Kapa’a
- 2827 Poipu Road. in Koloa
- Maui Grohn’s locations:
- 44 Albaa Street in Kahului
- 1087 Limahana Pl. Unit 4B in Lahaina
- 7 Aewa Pl. Unit 3 in Pukalani
- Pono Life Sciences is located at:
- 415 Dairy Road. in Kahului
- 115 N Market Street in Willowoko
- 149 Hana Hui. in Baia
- Aloha Green Pharmacy locations at:
- 1314 South King Street (Highway Building) in Honolulu
- 2113 Kalakaua Ave. in Honolulu
- 3131 North Nimitz Hwy. in Honolulu
- Oahu Cure is located at:
- 727 Kapahulu Street in Honolulu
- 4850 Kapolei Parkway in Kapolei
- Noa Botanicals locations at:
- 1308 Yonge Street in Honolulu
- 028-46 Kawa St., Bkenioh
- 98-302 Kamehameha Rapid. in Aiea
Registered patients and their caregivers can purchase up to four ounces of medical cannabis over a 15-day period in a row and a maximum of eight ounces within a period of 30 consecutive days. When medical cannabis is brought home after purchasing it from a dispensary, the medical cannabis must be in an airtight container and not visible to the public.
All use of medical cannabis must be on private property and may not be used in Which Vehicle in motion, at work, at the beach, on hiking trails, or in any other public place. It is illegal to use or possess medical cannabis on any federally owned property such as military installations and national parks.
More information about the medical cannabis dispensary program is available at http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/.
# # #