What has an abundant landscape of natural beauty, Famous for hatching green peppers, Is the birthplace of Neil Patrick Harris, Is the current residence of author George RR Martin (seriously, he has a day in his honor annually on March 29th), Has many cultures, It is also home to a bustling cannabis scene ? We are proud to announce that we will be expanding our popular cannabis competition to New Mexico for the first time! you are welcome in High Times Cannabis Cup New Mexico: People’s Choice Edition 2023.
New Mexico adult use Cannabis sales begin April 1, 2022. On that day alone, consumers swarmed the dispensaries nearby Massive $3 million in sales during its first weekend and has maintained a steady rise in sales since then. Almost a year later, the industry is thriving, and we know you’re ready to dive into some of the state’s best products.
For New Mexican consumers, here’s the deal: YOU HAVE THE POWER! Choose one of our arbitration pools from our retail partners at Pecos Valley Productions (More to be announced soon) From June 17th to August 20th. We have 11 categories available for this cup:
- Indica flower (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Sativa flower (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Hybrid flower (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Pre-listings (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Pre-filled rolls (maximum 1 entry per company)
- Solvent concentrates (maximum two entries per company)
- Non-solvent concentrates (maximum two entries per company)
- Vape Pens and Cartridges (maximum 2 entries per company) (category can be split)
- Foods: gum and chewing fruit (maximum two entries per company)
- Food: Chocolate and non-gum (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Sublingual, capsules, tinctures + topicals (maximum 3 entries per company)
After you have picked up your arbitration toolkit, login to our online judge portal and make your comments known. Depending on the category, the judges are invited to carefully analyze their products keeping several criteria in mind. Product aesthetics, packaging, smell/smell, appearance/taste, effects/efficacy are just a few things we ask the judges to consider. Depending on the overall scores for each product, we calculate which ones were most praised by the judges, and we will announce the winners via a digital awards show on September 3rd.
The goal of our People’s Choice Edition contest is to help highlight some of the unique and one-of-a-kind products across the state. For those who want to enter the contest, you can submit your products to our raffle partner, Pecos Valley Productions, between June 5-7. However, there are some rules for entry, so please review the following information carefully:
- Venus: (228) 1 gram sample. We will not accept any 3.5G inputs.
- Pre-rolls and pre-rolls: (228) Samples: Pre-rolls will be capped at only 2g flower each; Granulated Pre-Rolls will be capped at 3g flower equivalent or 1g equivalent concentrate each.
- Concentrates and vape pens: (228) 5 gram samples. We will not accept any 1G entries. Batteries required for carts.
- Food: (100) samples with 50 mg maximum THC.
- Sublingual, Capsules, Tinctures + Topical: (60) Samples containing 100 mg of THC max.
The price for one entry is set at $250, which is non-refundable. Two of the entries are marked $100 each and are also non-refundable. However, if you submit three or more entries, each entry is $100 which is a refundable deposit for each entry held. You can receive a refund upon successful submission of all entries, and this fee is waived if you choose to become a sponsor of our event.
As a reminder to competitors, e-mail Competition@hightimes.com For information on how to compete and for the judges, please visit ASAP cannabiscup.com/preregister To sign up for updates on how to be a judge.
Special thanks to our partners and sponsors!
Official consumption partner: Pecos Valley Production
Powered by: Fusion Promotions