Enhance your May 5th celebrations by adding Everclear grain alcohol to some of your favorite recipes and making the flavors pop.
Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration of Mexican culture and heritage that takes place on May 5 every year. The holiday commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862 – an important moment in Mexico’s history. The holiday is widely known for bringing people together to eat, drink and have fun. If you’re looking for some recipe inspiration, Everclear grain alcohol has three delicious Cinco de Mayo recipes to help you get in the festive spirit.
The sense of community and shared celebration make Cinco de Mayo a unique and memorable occasion for many people. The holiday is a fun way to get in touch with Mexican culture and often includes an array of festivities, including parades, music, dancing, and fiestas – and the best part is eating delicious Mexican food. food.
Everclear enhances Flavors of Mexico
If you’re hosting a Cinco de Mayo party or attending one, you might be looking for a delicious Mexican-inspired drink or dish to make your day extra special. Using Everclear grain alcohol in your recipes amplifies the flavor of what you’re cooking, adding more flavour, aroma and depth to your food. The clean palette of this American-made alcohol provides a blank canvas that can help amplify flavors and add a touch of je ne sais quoi to your dishes.
With up to 190 degrees and a neutral flavor, Everclear is the perfect cooking partner for the cannabis chef and food maker. Vanessa Dora Lavorato. The higher the alcohol content, the more it can extract flavor to add more depth to dishes.
“There is more to cooking with alcohol than fermented mixtures; alcohol plays a role in the way we taste food,” she says. “I love cooking with Everclear because it gives me unlimited options for bringing original flavors to a dish.”
Here are three classic Cinco de Mayo-inspired Mexican dishes that will have everyone exclaiming “Ole!”
Watermelon jalapeno margarita
With fresh watermelon and jalapeño, this liqueur provides the perfect balance of heat and comfort. Pepper ignites the taste buds, and instantly extinguishes the flames with tangy and juicy watermelon.
- Combine tequila, watermelon jalapeno liqueur, and lime juice in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a glass filled with ice (salted rim optionally).
- Garnish with a lime wheel and/or jalapeños.
Everclear nachos with cheese
Here’s a new twist on the favorite, gooey and sometimes spicy classic for the ultimate nacho cheese dip. Just a dash into this gentle plunge awakens the senses. You won’t be able to stop reaching for more!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 green onions, minced, whites and greens separated
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into half-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Everclear
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces grated medium cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle
- 2 tablespoons of green pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over low heat for a few minutes.
- In the oil, sauté the green onions and garlic for a minute before adding the paprika.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the peppers have softened, about five minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and Everclear to make a paste.
- Heat the milk over low heat in a medium saucepan. Add the slurry to the milk, increase the heat to medium, and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add grated cheese. Let the remaining heat melt the cheese, then stir in the adobo sauce, green peppers, jalapeños, 1/4 cup cilantro and pepper.
- Mix well until all the cheese is melted and the fixings are evenly distributed.
- Pour into a festive bowl and top with remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños, and sour cream. Add any other favorite tasty toppings.
Gluten free cauliflower bites
Looking for a vegan taco filling that’s more than just beans? Hearty bites of cauliflower make a perfect substitute for fish or chicken. Strike the perfect balance between crunchy and soft deliciousness. the secret? Vanessa Marigold uses a sprinkling of Everclear in her mixture to keep it light and airy while keeping all the juicy flavor inside.
- 2 liters. frying oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup blended gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup of ice water
- 1/4 cup Everclear
- Cauliflower head, cut into florets
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat the frying oil to 350°F (180°C)
- While the oil is up to temperature, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, water, and Everclear in a bowl. whisk until smooth.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- Coat the cauliflower in the batter, and fry three to four florets at a time until golden brown (about 6-7 minutes). Remove from oil and let cool on a paper towel-lined tray. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Please enjoy responsibly. Everclear® Grain Alcohol is 75.5%-95% Alc./Vol. (120-190 proof), © 2023 Luxco®, Inc., St. Louis, MO.